The Zest Byron Bay story starts about 11 years ago when Bay Seafood, Byron Bay’s local fish store, wanted to expand its retail options for their regular customers and Satise a dedicated staff member introduced the flavours of his heritage Nepal to the Bay Seafood shelves.
When friends introduced the flavours to Pob and Shelly five years ago, they couldn’t resist the opportunity to create a family business that utalised Pob's background as a Chef and a conjurer of flavours. And just like that, Zest Byron Bay was born.
Starting with the Zest Byron Bay Spice Pastes, Pob slowly developed the Curry Blends whilst testing the flavours amongst friends, local retailers and markets until they were ready to dedicate their time to expanding and sharing their gluten free flavours across Australia.
Bayside Farm Box customers had the pleasure of receiving the Kerala blend in early February this year. This beautiful, deep yellow curry blend is inspired by the stunning state of Kerala in South India, famous for its 'Backwaters'. It is mazing as a marinade (especially prawns) or as a curry base.
This Aussie artisan legend from Byron Bay deserves our love and support for continually pumping out quality gluten-free goodness?? Order now from our Pantry as an add on to your next Farm Box.
More information about can be found at www.zestbyronbay.com.au
SUGGESTED RECIPE – serves 4-6:
- Marinade 1kg chicken or seafood with the Kerala blend for an hour/ before you head out to work in the morning.
- Fry an onion until soft and add the marinated meat/seafood to the soft onions and stir for a bit.
- Add a 200ml tin of coconut cream and a couple of hand full of spinach leaves and simmer until chicken/seafood is cooked.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve with rice and/or roti.