JAMIE OLIVER’S CHICKPEA SALAD

By Ramya Sundrapandi

JAMIE OLIVER’S CHICKPEA SALAD

NOTE: you need to pre-prepare the chickpeas for this recipe.

  • 1 small red onion, finely sliced
  • 1-2 fresh chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
  • 2 handfuls red or yellow tomatoes, roughly chopped
  • 1 x lemon
  • 4 x large handfuls of The Wimmera Grain Store chickpeas (soaked overnight and cooked for approx.. 30 mins so still crunchy)
  • 1 x handful fresh mint, chopped
  • 1 x handful fresh basil chopped
  • 100gms fetta
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper

Pre-prepare the chickpeas by soaking with 2 cups water overnight in a saucepan. Change water in the next day and boil for approx. 30mins.

In a bowl. add chopped onion, chillies , tomatoes and dress with the juice of half a lemon and olive oil. Season to taste.

Warm up the chickpeas; add 90% to the onion, chilli and tomato bowl. Mash the remaining 10% of chickpeas and add to the bowl. Let everything marinade for a little while.

Just before serving, add chopped herbs and crumbled feta to the marinaded chickpeas.