NOTE: you need to pre-prepare the chickpeas for this recipe.
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1-2 fresh chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 handfuls red or yellow tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 x lemon
- 4 x large handfuls of The Wimmera Grain Store chickpeas (soaked overnight and cooked for approx.. 30 mins so still crunchy)
- 1 x handful fresh mint, chopped
- 1 x handful fresh basil chopped
- 100gms fetta
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pre-prepare the chickpeas by soaking with 2 cups water overnight in a saucepan. Change water in the next day and boil for approx. 30mins.
In a bowl. add chopped onion, chillies , tomatoes and dress with the juice of half a lemon and olive oil. Season to taste.
Warm up the chickpeas; add 90% to the onion, chilli and tomato bowl. Mash the remaining 10% of chickpeas and add to the bowl. Let everything marinade for a little while.
Just before serving, add chopped herbs and crumbled feta to the marinaded chickpeas.