FIVE EASY FARM BOX DISHES YOU CAN MAKE THIS WEEK
This meal plan was curated in collaboration with Holistic Life Coach/ Personal Trainer Keren Slutzkin from Vital Assurance.
1. UNFRIED STRING BEANS
- 150g green beans, top and tailed
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, whisk plus 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs / rice crumbs
Preheat oven to 200 degrees and prepare a tray with parchment paper.
Take the beans and shake them in a bag of oat flour, salt and pepper.
Then dip in the egg mixture and finish off my dipping in the breadcrumbs.
Place the beans on the prepared baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until nice and crispy.
2. BUTTER SAUEED POTATOES & MUSHROOM
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 225g potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 100g mushrooms, peeled and sliced
- pinch of salt
- some fresh parsley, chopped
Add 2 tablespoons butter to a sauté pan or skillet on medium heat. Add the potato and sauté until they turn slightly charred and light to golden brown colour. Push the potato to one side.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and sauté the mushroom. As soon as the mushroom is cooked, stir to combine both potato and mushroom. Add a pinch of salt and the chopped parsley. Stir to combine well. Dish out and serve immediately.
3. ALMOND & LEMON CRUSTED FISH WITH SPINACH
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- ½ cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 x 150g firm whit fish fillets
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 400g baby spinach
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Prepare a tray with parchment paper
Combine lemon zest, almonds, dill, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place fish on the prepared baking sheet and spread each portion with 1 teaspoon mustard. Divide the almond mixture among the portions, pressing it onto the mustard.
Bake the fish until opaque in the centre, about 7 to 9 minutes, depending on thickness.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, about 30 seconds. Stir in spinach, lemon juice and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt; season with pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the spinach is just wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. Cover to keep warm. Serve the fish with the spinach.
4. ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH ZUCCHINI & MUSHROOM
- 400g potatoes, quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 zucchini, cut into sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 bunch rosemary, chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
Mix the vegetables in a bowl with the olive oil, mustard, 1 tablespoon rosemary plus salt and pepper to taste. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat the oven to 200 degrees. Combine the chicken and vegetables in a baking dish. Toss the vegetables, turn the chicken, and continue roasting until the chicken is cooked through an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
5. TURMERIC CHICKEN WITH CUCUMBER SALAD
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cm piece turmeric, finely chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), finely chopped
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coriander, coarsely chopped,
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on (about 180gm each)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 gram piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, seeds removed, thickly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (loosely packed) mint
- ½ cup (loosely packed) coriander
Process garlic, turmeric, peppercorns and lemongrass in a food processor with ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes to a coarse paste. Add coriander, fish sauce, sugar and oyster sauce, and process to combine. Place in a bowl with chicken thighs and turn to coat well.
Heat a barbecue or char-grill pan to medium high heat. Drizzle chicken with oil and grill until browned and cooked through (8-10 minutes).
Meanwhile, for cucumber and herb salad, combine lime juice, ginger, garlic, honey and olive oil in a bowl and season to taste. Add cucumber, shallot and chilli, and toss to combine. Just before serving, add herbs, toss to combine and serve with chicken.