FIVE EASY FARM BOX DISHES YOU CAN MAKE THIS WEEK
This meal plan was curated in collaboration with Holistic Life Coach/ Personal Trainer Keren Slutzkin from Vital Assurance.
1. EGGPLANT CHIPS & YOGHURT DIP
- 1 eggplants, cut into wedges
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/4 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful fresh dill, chopped
Prepare your eggplants by cutting them and placing them on a tray. Sprinkle with sea salt and allow them to sit for 30 minutes to remove the excess moisture. After the time, rinse the eggplants, pat dry and place them back on the tray.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Drizzle the oil on the eggplant and bake for 20-25 minutes until nice and crisp.
In the meantime, combine all ingredients for the dip in a bowl and mix well.
This makes a great snack.
2. BROCCOLI SALAD WITH CASHEW 'MAYONNAISE'
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 apple, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 100g cashew, soaked and then drained (soak overnight for creamiest mayonnaise, otherwise at least 2 hours)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 fresh garlic clove chopped
Make cashew mayonnaise first by placing all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Chop broccoli to fine pieces or place in blender for 3-5secs until you get the size that you want. Place broccoli on serving platter and add additional ingredients.
Pour enough dressing on the salad to make sure that it is all coated.
3. CAPSICUM STUFFED WITH MINCED MEAT AND RICE
- 2 capsicums, tops removed
- 250g minced beef
- 1/4 cup uncooked rice
- pinch paprika
- pinch garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 200g tomato passata
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
Prepare your capsicum and place in a heavy based saucepan that is oven proof.
Combine your mince, rice and seasonings. Mix well and then evenly distribute it amongst the capsicums.
In a bowl, mix your passata and vegetable stock. Pour the sauce around the capsicum. Place the pot with the lid on in the oven and cook for 60 minutes.
4. CABBAGE SALAD WITH MAPLE LEMON DRESSING
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dill, freshly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the olive oil, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Shake to thoroughly combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat well. Let sit for about 20 minutes before serving.
5. GREEN MOJITO
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lime, skin removed
- Handful mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- A few drops stevia (to taste)
- 300-400ml water
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Blend all ingredients together until it is a smooth consistency. Pour into a glass and serve.