FIVE EASY FARM BOX DISHES YOU CAN MAKE THIS WEEK
This meal plan was curated in collaboration with Holistic Life Coach/ Personal Trainer Keren Slutzkin from Vital Assurance.
1. MEXICAN SALAD
- 1 can black beans or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ear of fresh cooked corn
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- large handful of lettuce
Combine all ingredients except for the lettuce, in a large bowl and mix well.
Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight.
Right before serving add the lettuce.
2. ROASTED VEGETABLE SALAD WITH CREAMY BASIL DRESSING
Serves 2 - 4
- 5 cups of mixed beetroot, eggplant and sweet potato, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoon smokey paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 1 can lentils, rinsed and drained
- Handful of pine nuts
- Lettuce to serve
- 1 large handful basil leaves
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- A good glug of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch salt
- Splash maple syrup, to taste
Toss vegetables, spices, oil and salt together and roast for 30 minutes until almost tender, tossing once or twice.
Whilst vegetables are roasting, prepare your dressing by blending all ingredients together in a high power blender.
Add rinsed canned lentil and pine nuts for the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
Once slightly cool toss the lettuce.
Serve with the basil dressing
3. THAI GREEN SOUP
- 270ml can coconut cream
- 2-3 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Juice 1 lime
- Salt to taste
Fry curry paste in a saucepan in a tablespoon of the coconut cream, until fragrant.
Add the rest of the coconut cream, stock, eggplant and zucchini and simmer gently until the veg is just tender.
Stir through the coriander and blend soup either with a hand blender or transfer to a blender.
Season with salt and lime to taste.
4. SWEET POTATO HASH
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 -2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- Seasoning to taste
Grate the sweet potato and squeeze out some of the water with your hands or in a tea towel.
Place the sweet potato in a bowl and season well. Sprinkle with a little of the flour and mix well.
Warm a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Spread out a thin layer of the potato. Fry gently until crispy on both sides.
Serve with your favourite protein such as fish, chicken or eggs.
5. ROASTED VEGETABLE FRITATTA
- 3 cups mixed chopped vegetables such as zucchini, beetroot, carrot, capsicum and eggplant
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 5 eggs
- Splash water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Goats feta cheese, optional
- 1-2 cups cooked quinoa
- Fresh herbs
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Prepare the vegetables by placing them in an oven dish and sprinkle with olive oil, garlic and seeds. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until they are roasted nicely to your desired preference.
Beat the eggs with a splash of water and season with the salt and pepper and fresh herbs.
Evenly distribute the vegetables, quinoa and feta in a baking dish, then pour over the egg mixture.
Bake until set, about 20 minutes or so.